Insurance Market Place
When is open enrollment for insurance?
Can use other internet marketplaces?
What happens If i miss open enrollment?
Can i be charged more based on health status or gender?
Open enrollment Insurance marketplaces are from November 1st through December 15th. You can, however, enroll in our group insurance plans during anytime of the year.
During open enrollment you can use other internet marketplaces to enroll in a new plan, change plans, verify cost assistance, enroll in Medicaid and CHIP, and to apply for cost assistance only during the open enrollment dates stated above.
If you miss open enrollment you won’t be able to Buy A Major Medical Health Plan that counts as minimum essential coverage unless you qualify for a special enrollment period or you enroll in our group insurance plans.
• You had to have coverage by the end of each year’s open enrollment to avoid the per month fee for not having health insurance for that year. This is due to a coverage gap exemption from the individual mandate that allows every American three months in a row without insurance.
You can’t be charged more based on health status or gender.
• Sometimes health insurance exchanges are called health insurance marketplaces.
- The more people we get enrolled in the I.E.A.U. insurance group plans the less expensive it will become.
- To get facts on Obama care follow this link below:
- To access the I.E.A.U. insurance market place, click on the Insurance tab on the main menu.